Your authentic outback cattle station experience in Far North Queensland Australia
Since it was established around 1878, Wetherby Station has been renowned for good hospitality in the bushman's unique Australian style. Today, Wetherby continues this tradition of hospitality and a good time.
The restored homestead, gardens and facilities are offered as an authentic outback North Queensland venue for private functions and groups.
Wetherby Station operates as a sustainable beef cattle enterprise in conjunction with the established tourist and ecotourism enterprises. High grade commercial Droughtmaster beef cattle graze improved and natural pastures.
A diverse range of soil types, wetlands, savannah and flora provide a safe haven for many species of mammals, birds, reptiles and insects. In fact visitors marvel at the close presence of Agile Wallabies and birds in the homestead gardens and surrounding pasture land.
We offer groups:
- Licensed restaurant, meals and entertainment
- Horse and cattle show and demonstrations
- Corporate events and product launches
- Accommodation, camping and mobile home sites
- Bird watching and walking trails
- 4X4 tours
- Mountain biking and cycling
- Helicopter tours and access
- Experiential learning and team building